- Rebecca, age 8: When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love.
- Terri, age 4: Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.
- Danny, age 7: Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.
- Nikka, age 6: If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate.
- Elaine, age 5: Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.
- Chris, age 7: Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.
- Mary Ann, age 4: Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.
Don’t you cry for the lost
Smile for the living
Get what you need and give what you’re given
Life’s for the living so live it
Or you’re better off dead
- ‘Life’s for the Living’ by Passenger
And now all I’m thinking about is Mindy, and all I’m seeing is Mindy.
I can’t figure out if I’ve lost my mind or I just really enjoyed myself.